Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wet Seal "Your" a Goof


I don't even want to know how many people looked at this shirt before it was printed. Your vs. you're is a grammatical error I see quite frequently, and I am always surprised. The best way to explain this rule, like with other conjunctions, is to simply consider what you are saying. Determine whether you want to say "Your" or "You are" and go from there.

This goof isn't exactly native to the Ozarks, but there is definitely a Wet Seal store at the mall just a couple of miles from where I live. To make matters worse, according to this site Wet Seal knows about the error and is not fixing it: http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/wet-seal-s-valentine-s-day-t-shirt-fail-2444704.

If you are still in a state of shock and do not believe that Wet Seal is really selling this, go here: http://www.wetseal.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=42539

I actually can't take credit for this find, as it was found by my boyfriend. If any readers would like to send in any goofs they find, send an E-mail to JulieLBrooks@gmail.com and you may just see it on the blog. Thanks for reading, more goofs are coming soon!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It