Monday, June 20, 2011

What belong to you?

Good evening friends, it has been a while. A lot of crazy stuff has been going on over here, but I finally have some goodies to share with you! The first one is of a set of stickers a friend of mine found, I believe at a dollar store somewhere here in Springfield. See if you can guess why they are dollar story quality.

 I am hoping this is just a simple typo, but for those who don't immediately catch on, it should be "belongs." This reminds me a bit of when I spent a few weeks in Japan. A few years ago, the Japanese fashion world went through a phrase of having shirts with English sayings that were not perfectly translated. These stickers might have been cool there and then, but now and in Springfield, MO, this is just ridiculous. I am often amazed by what makes it through the printing process.

Unfortunately I do not have a picture of tonight's other example, but if you live in Springfield and happen to travel past the KFC on Sunshine, you will soon learn how cheap you can get 7 "pices" of dark meat chicken. Only one side of the sign has the error, so I can't help wondering how this happened, unless they simply ran out of the letter I. It would have been nice to have provided a picture, but the light on the sign disagreed with the flash of my camera.

I am going to try to start updating more as soon as things calm down a bit, but my goal is to post at least 1 more item this week. Be prepared to learn the Do's and Dont's of wedding grammar. In the meantime, take my poll! Goodnight everyone, have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It